Visit covid19.govt.nz for the latest updates.
// LATEST INFORMATION FOR BUSINESSES //
The COVID-19 Protection Framework
The Government has announced the next stage of the COVID-19 response plan to provide a pathway out of lockdown and give vaccinated New Zealanders more freedom. Read more here > Protection Framework
Increase to Resurgence Support Payment
The Government has announced an increase in the Resurgence Support Payment as we transition to the new COVID-19 Protection Framework.
From 12 November 2021, the Resurgence Support Payment will be paid fortnightly.
- Businesses can receive $3000 per business plus $800 per full-time employee (FTE), up to 50 FTE.
- The maximum fortnightly payment is $43,000.
- If you are self-employed, or a sole trader you can receive a payment of $3,800.
The eligibility criteria remain the same.
The Resurgence Support Payment will continue to be available to businesses anywhere in New Zealand until Auckland moves to the new COVID-19 Protection Framework. Click here for more information > Resurgence Support Payment
Wage Subsidy Scheme
Applications for the fifth round of the August 2021 Wage Subsidy are now open. You can apply until 11:59pm 28 October 2021. The payment rates and eligibility criteria remain the same.
The Wage Subsidy will continue to be available to businesses anywhere in New Zealand while any part of the country is in Alert Levels 3 or 4. Click here for more information > Wage Subsidy Scheme
- 04/10/21 – NZ Government announces plan to gradually relax Alert Level 3 restrictions through a 3 Stage plan. Read the update here > https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-levels-and-updates/regional-advice/auckland/
- 01/10/21 – COVID-19 Surveillance Testing for Businesses. Important message from the Auckland Regional Public Health Service HERE>
The Mahurangi Health Collective is now offering surveillance drive-in Covid-19 testing for all Level 3 workers as mentioned in a message from the Auckland Regional Public Health Service . Just ring or text 022 582 4392 and schedule an appointment time.
- The Pacific Business Trust is providing support for Pasifika people who may be experiencing difficulty in accessing wage subsidies. Access the flyer information HERE>
- More IRD COVID-19 Business Support information HERE>
- More MSD COVID-19 Business Support Information HERE>
- What Government Financial Support are you entitled to? Use the Covid-19 Financial Tool to find out HERE>
- More Business.govt.nz Covid-19 Support information HERE>
Further Business Support and Resources:
- WorkSafe NZ Covid-19 Safety plan – To document your thinking about how you and your workers will keep safe at work during the COVID-19 pandemic, use this form HERE>
- Make sure you have the Covid-19 tracer app QR code registered and clearly on display for your business once we go down in Alert Levels. Information on how to do this can be found on the Government Covid-19 website HERE>
- Auckland Unlimited Business Toolkit HERE>
- EMA (Employers & Manufacturers Association) has online courses. Consider joining and learning HERE>
- The Auckland Chamber of Commerce has a great wealth of business support information HERE>
- Boost you digital presence. Learn more through business.govt.nz HERE>
- Manaaki is a networking platform where small business owners can seek direct advice from fellow experts in the field. Learn more HERE>
Are you subscribed to the business.govt.nz newsletter? Read the COVID-19 special edition, for some excellent links to resources and subscribe to the newsletter HERE>
// PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED COVID-19 INFORMATION AND RESOURCES //
With the potential to fall in and out of Alert Levels, do you have a plan to help your business pivot to the requirements? The Auckland Business Chamber has developed a template to help businesses do just that – you can download it here. If you need help completing it, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
All businesses can operate, provided they can meet the rules to operate safely under this Alert Level, just like meeting normal Health and Safety at Work requirements. For guidance about workplace activities, including workplace access click here.